Monday, January 13, 2014

Project Run and Play: Winter Wonderland

When I read about the first Project Run and Play challenge and it was Winter Wonderland, the first thing that came to my mind was pajamas. Luckily I found this grey flannel snowflake fabric that I used to make the pants. 

I made a pattern from some other pajama pants.  I was really happy to make such a good pair of pants with just a little help for my first time. Then I found a grey T-shirt at a thrift shop and then I cut out one big snowflake and three little snowflakes and hand sewed them on to the grey T-shirt!

11 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Good on you for not only sewing your own pajamas, but making your own blog post about it! You are my four year old's sewing superhero!! I'm teaching her to sew as part of my Tiny Sewists series on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.
    impressive.
    love your new jammies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are darling! That's amazing that you made your own pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that!! You are so awesome and brave for participating in such a big challenge! Your outfit looks great! Keep sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Isn't it great to be able to make your own clothes?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I love your blog name too by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first thought was also pjs when I saw this theme... so practical and cozy, right!! I ended up making a robe, which is pretty much along the same lines ;o) I love the way yours turned out! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2014/01/kids-bathrobe-sewing-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! I learned to sew when I was about your age, and I love it. I am so happy that you are learning this skill. your pj's turned out great.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo!!!!! I am so impressed that you are 10 years old and designing and sewing your own clothes! You did an awesome job on your snowflake PJs . I love the hand sewn snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete